What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The government provides additional funding for maintained schools and academies to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport. In 2017- 18 schools with 17 or more pupils will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
We use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
The Sports Premium is used to:
• Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
• Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
In forming our action plan we focus on key aspects:
• Improve the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
• Raise the profile of sport across the school, increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE
• Provide a broader experience of sports and activities offered to all pupils
• Increase participation in competitive sport
Please find below our report evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium