The government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. The Primary PE and Sport Premium is used to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sports activities that the school already offers.
- Build capacity and capabilities within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Schools are required to publish details of how they spend this funding as well as on the impact it has on pupils’ PE and Sport participation and attainment.
In forming our action plan we focus on key aspects:
- Improve the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles
- Raise the profile of sport across the school, increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE
- Provide a broader experience of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increase participation in competitive sport
Please find below our report evidencing the impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium.